Houston family immigration lawyer US

Family Based Immigration in Houston

An experienced Houston immigration attorney can provide guidance to file an immigration petition. The process would depend on the type of relationship between you and your relative and the status in the U.S.

Our US family immigration law firm provides effective legal services and representation of clients throughout the region. To schedule a consultation, contact our Houston family based immigration lawyer in Texas by calling (713) 527-9606 or emailing us for additional information.


Family immigration in Houston

Family-based immigration enables a loved one to come to the United States. It involves a mother, father, spouse, brother, sister, or child over 21 years old to file the Form I-130. It will likely be approved if the petitioner can establish that the relationship you are claiming is valid.

Other issues also come into play, such as whether the spouses were legally free to marry, whether the petitioning parent supported the child during his or her formative years, and if a petitioner has died, another family member steps in. .


Types of Family Immigration:

  • VAWA for abused spouses of U.S. citizens and permanent residents

Our family based immigration lawyer Houston, immigration law firm encourages you to schedule a consultation at our Houston law office to discuss your case in bringing a close member to the United States. Our family and immigration lawyer in Houston, Texas have handled thousands of cases including a green card, lawful permanent resident USA status. To learn more, we encourage you to contact our immigration attorney Houston, TX.


Family immigration attorney

Adan G. Vega and our team of family immigration attorneys in Houston, TX are dedicated to reuniting families in the most efficient manner. Knowledge and experience in appeals allow our Houston family based immigration lawyers, Texas to streamline the process wherever possible to navigate the complex range of immigration laws and policies. Call Adan G. Vega & Associates, PLLC at (713) 527-9606 or contact us online.


How do I qualify for the visa?

A lawful permanent resident of the United States is a foreign national who has been granted by the U.S. government the privilege of permanently living and working in the United States. If you want to become an LPR based on the fact that you have a relative who is a citizen of the United States, or who holds a green card, you must go through a multi-step process.



In order for a relative to sponsor you to immigrate to the United States, they must meet the following criteria:

  • The petitioning must be a citizen or lawful permanent resident of the U.S. and be able to provide documentation confirming that status.
  • They must prove that they can support you at 125% above the mandated poverty line, by submitting an Affidavit of Support, FORM I-864.



  • Husband or wife, or
  • Unmarried son or daughter of any age.

In any case, the petitioner must be able to provide proof of the relationship.


Preference Categories

If you wish to immigrate as a family member, you must obtain an immigrant number based on the applicable preference category.

People who want to become immigrants are classified into categories based on a preference system. The immediate relatives of U.S. citizens, which includes parents, spouses, and children under the age of 21, have a priority, and an immigrant visa is readily available.


The relatives in the remaining categories must wait for an immigrant visa number to become available according to the following preferences:

US family immigration visas attorney Houston

US immigration attorneys Houston, TX represents clients worldwide. We offer consultations with a Board-Certified US immigration family based green card lawyer, either by telephone or at our Houston office. To schedule an appointment with us, call (713) 527-9606 or contact us online.

Check Your
USCIS Case Status
The best Houston SEO Services - aStash