ABOUT ADAN G. VEGA
Adan G. Vega is a Board-Certified Specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law with the State Bar of Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 1985.
He is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association since 1982 where he played an active role in co-chairing four immigration conferences for AILA-Texas Chapter. He has moderated and lectured in seminars for various Immigration topics for AILA, Rice University, University of Houston, University of Texas, Houston Bar Association, and the Texas Bar Association. Mr. Vega has participated in seminars for the Foreign Service Consuls.
Mr. Vega is duly licensed to practice law before the Texas State Courts, EOIR Immigration Courts, the Federal District Court in Houston, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit, and the U.S. Supreme Court. He has presented oral argument in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit on three occasions and one case was published by the court.
In 1985, he was awarded a Certificate of Special Competence from the Texas Board of Legal Specialization of the State Bar of Texas authorizing the title of Board-Certified Specialist.
He was a member of the Texas State Bar -Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee during the 1980’s and 1990s.
Over the years of his distinguished practice Mr. Vega has been selected as a member of Super Lawyers for numerous years since 2004. Mr. Vega has also been the recipient of various certificates of recognition presented by such prestigious governmental entities and officials as the Honorable Mayor of the City of Houston In August 23, 1988, he presented testimony before the U.S. Congress House of Representatives- Committee on the Judiciary/Subcommittee on Immigration, Refugees and International Law in regards to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and its effect on the United States. . He has served as legal counsel for multinational companies and several foreign governments in the United States including the government of Mexico and El Salvador with respect to immigration issues.
Mr. Vega has throughout his career been active in assisting the community with legal services and has donated volunteer services to indigents in Texas. He first participated in pro bono services for low-income community residents in and around the Houston metropolitan area through the Catholic Charities Outreach Program in the 1980s. The Migration and Refugee Services of the United States Catholic Conference recognized the pro bono activities and presented Mr. Vega with a special service award in recognition of outstanding commitment and dedicated service to the newcomers in our midst. Additionally, Mr. Vega has provided pro bono services for the Hispanic Community with the Camara de Empresarios Latinos of Houston.
Areas of Practice
- 100% of Law Practice Limited to Immigration and Nationality Law Matters.
Board Certified Legal Specialties
- Immigration and Nationality Law, with the State Bar of Texas, 1985
- Texas, 1979
- U.S. District Court -Southern District of Texas, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1980
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2004
- Rice University, Houston, Texas, B.A. – 1976, Dean’s Honor List: (1972-1976)
- University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas, J.D. 1979
- E visas, AILA’s Guide to Immigration Law for Paralegals, 1st edition
- Author : Guideline of United States History and Government (1989)
- Associate Editor : The Visa Processing Guide, Process and Procedure at U.S. Consulates and Embassies, Editions (2000 to 2006).
- Speaker-Employment Seminar -University of Houston, 2007
- Speaker -Alliances for Graduate Education and the Professoriate Program (AGEP)-Rice University, 2006
- Panelist Practice Roundtable, AILA, 2005
- Speaker -Mock Interviews Track, AILA, 2004
- Speaker -27th Annual Conference on Immigration & Nationality Law- University of Texas School of Law, 2003
- Moderator- Maximizing Your Value Through Negotiations- Rice University, 1999
- Program Co-Director-AILA Texas Chapter Conferences: Fall 1997, Fall 1998, Spring 1999, Fall 2004
- Conducted Seminars for the Foreign Service Consuls, 1987
- Television & Radio Presentations/ Discussions on Immigration Law, 1986-present
- AILA -Texas Chapter Conference Co-Chairman in 1997, 1998, 1999 and 2004
Honors and Awards
- Certificate of Appreciation as founder of Citizenship Month presented by Mayor Silvester Turner, 2018
- Certificate of Recognition from Southern Poverty Law Center
- Houstonia Top Lawyers, 2015
- Super Lawyers, 2004-2015
- Member of the College of the State Bar of Texas, 2003 (less than ten percent of the State Bar membership qualify for membership in the college)
- Texas Governor’s Office of Economic Development- Trade Mission to Mexico City, 2006
- The Migration and Refugee Services of the United States Catholic Conference -a special service award in recognition of outstanding commitment and dedicated service to the newcomers in our midst
- Presented testimony before a U.S. Congressional Judiciary /Subcommittee on Immigration, Refugees, and International Law in regard to the effects of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Texas Bar Association, 1979 – Present
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), 1982 – Present
Pro Bono Activities
- AILA Mentor, 2007
- Founding Director of Houston Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (1984)
- President of Camara de Empresarios Latinos of Houston (2005-2006)
- Member of Mayoral Advisory Committee on Immigrant and Refugee Affairs (MACIRA) for the city of Houston, Texas (2001 to 2006)
For experienced legal guidance concerning immigration matters, CALL us now.